Muhammad Zubair Umar on Tuesday took oath as the 32nd Governor of Sindh. The ceremony was hosted by Muhammad Rizwan Memon (Chief Sectary Sindh) and the oath was taken by Justice Sajjad Ali Shah (Chief Justice Sindh High Court).
The honourable Guests of this ceremony was,
- Syed Murad Ali Shah (Chief Minister Sindh)
- Agha Siraj Durrani (Speaker Sindh Assembly)
- Mariam Aurangzeb (Federal Minister for information & Broadcasting)
- Nihal Hashmi (Senator)
- Khawaja Izhar-ul-Hassan (Opposition Leader in Sindh Assembly)
- Farooq Sattar (MQM Pakistan)
- Hafiz Naeem-ur-Rehman (Jamat-e-Islami Karachi)
- General Shahid Baig Mirza (Corp Commander Karachi)
- Maj General Muhammad Saeed (DG Rangers Sindh)
- AD Khawaja (IG Sindh)
- Judges of High Court
- Members of National Assembly & Provincial Ministers.
After the oath, Governor Sindh Visited the Quaid’s mausoleum. After the death of ex-Governor Saeed–uz-Zaman Siddique, this responsibility was vacant and now Prime Minister has appointed Muhammad Zubair as the Governor Sindh.
Muhammad Zubair Umar did his Graduation from IBA. He has 26 years-long working relationship with IBA from 1981 to 2007.
After joining PML (N), from 2012 to 2013, He was the part of party’s Tax Reforms Media Committee and now had a position of Chairman Privatization Commission.
Zubair Umar is the son of General (r) Ghulam Umar and the elder brother of Asad Umar (Member National Assembly PTI).
On the other side, Khurram Sher Zaman (leader of PTI Karachi) said that firstly he was not invited, and secondly even if he had been invited, he would not have attended it; because Muhammad Zubair Umar is not a neutral personality for this post he is a member of PML (N).